AI Improvements Mod (1.19.2, 1.18.18) is a simple mod that allows for low-level modifications and performance improvements to AIs within the game. This mod will take over the work of the base game and make it more suitable for modding. Common problems like too many animals and performance hits from swarms zombies. You can also remove tasks that are not being addressed by larger AI mods.
AI Improvements Mod – 1.19.2, 1.18.2 – Performance & Logic Upgrades for Mod AIs
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.14.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
- Minecraft 1.18.1 Mods
- Minecraft 1.18.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.19 Mods
- Minecraft 1.19.1 Mods
- Minecraft 1.19.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods
- Server Utility Mods
Config to disable AI Watch Closest Entity:
- By default, the config is set to false and will not do anything. When changed to true it will remove an AI segment called EntityAIWatchClosest. This AI segment handles the coded AIs use to rotate their head towards a nearby entity. Visually this will cause a few odd issues. However, for the CPU this frees up a lot of usages caused by entities.
Config to disable AI look random, config is not enabled by default:
- By default, the config is set to false and will not do anything. Setting the config to true will cause entities to no longer use the ‘look idle’ AI code. This can improve performance for servers will large populations. As almost every entity on the map will use this when not doing anything important. Visually this can cause the entities head to not rotate sometimes but mostly goes unnoticed.
Config to replace EntityLookHelper with a more efficient version, config is enabled by default:
- This is the main feature of the mod and can greatly improve CPU performance at a small cost to RAM. How this works is MC’s look helper code is replaced with a custom version. The custom version stores some data that makes it faster to get the angle for a location. Threw some testing with VisualVM result have shown a 50% to 80% decrease in CPU usage by the AI code. For a server with 25 people on constantly this resulted in again from 5 to 7 tsp.
- Multithreading for AI nav pathfinder
- Mob spawning restrictions
- Disable Visual AI code when not near players
- Reduce wondering distance
- Reduce wondering distance when not near players
- Reduce how often Mobs ray trace targets
- Config to control the amount of RAM atan2 cache uses