Alternating Flux Mod 1.12.2 is an addon for Immersive Engineering that adds a new tier of wire: AF, or Alternating Flux.
Alternating Flux Mod 1.12.2
This acts as a sort of “Super High Voltage” line. Power transmitted over AF lines has very low power loss over distance, but cannot be connected to machines, and must be converted between other tiers of wire with special transformers.
Despite the special name, this mod does not actually add a new form of power and just uses Immersive Engineering’s normal power system. So you don’t have to worry about “yet another power system”.
The properties of AF wire are configurable, so you can adjust it to your particular tastes, and all information on the mod is added to a section in the IE manual: see “Power, wire, generators/Alternating Flux”.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.