Ars Magica 2 Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 focuses on spellcasting, spell creation/customization, and bosses. Unlike Ars Magica, Ars Magica 2 gives players the power to create highly customized spells which can be tweaked to their liking.
Ars Magica 2 Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 – Casting Powerful Spells
- This mod adds some new creatures to The Overworld and The Nether. Most of them are hostile and fairly tough to kill. The player can also summon powerful bosses into the world which will have a chance to drop their signature item.
- The mod has its own experience system (called Magic Levels). It is used to level up and gain more Skill Points for spell discoveries along with an increased Mana Pool for spell casting. The experience system is based on when the player casts spells; they will gain experience each time they cast a spell successfully (e.g., using an offensive spell to damage an entity).
- Experience gain is subject to diminishing returns; every successive cast gives less experience than the previous one. There is also a Burnout on the spell, which is shown as the red bar to the left of the HUIBurnout is inversely proportional to experience gain. This is to prevent players from increasing their magic level by repeatedly casting a single spell. In addition, casting spells will allow the player to gain depth in certain Affinities- This can be viewed in the Occulus or by the appearance of small icons generally to the bottom-right of the screen.
- The mod also adds an Armor Status heads up display, showing an icon for each piece of armor, along with durability bars, on the left-hand side of the screen.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and AnimationAPI.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.