Bard Mania Mod 1.12.2 includes playable musical instruments. You can use a computer keyboard or an attached MIDI keyboard to play these instruments. Two octaves are available.
Bard Mania Mod 1.12.2 – Play Musical Instruments
- Animated player movements
- Equip and remove instrument.
- Play animation. The arms move when notes are played.
- When playing music, parrots around the player will dance.
- Multiplayer support (What better way to impress your friends with your virtuoso musical skills)
- Musical NPC.
- ABC Music.
- Sustained notes for recorder, flute.
- Localize the model setup and play midi GUI’s.
Hold the instrument in the players main hand.
- Right-Click to equip the instrument for playing
- PC Keyboard Mode (default) – GUI opens, then press the keys on the PC keyboard or mouse over the key names and left-click them to play. Press the ‘Esc’ key to exit the GUI.
- MIDI Mode – If your PC and MIDI keyboard are setup correctly just play normally. To stop playing either switch to another hot-bar slot, or Right-Click to unequip the instrument.
- Shift-Right-Click toggles the input mode between MIDI and PC Keyboard.
The volume level of the instruments is adjusted using the Players volume slider in the Minecraft Options | Music & Sounds dialog.
The MIDI implementation in this mod is promiscuous. When active the mod opens any non-sequencer devices and listens on all channels. This can can be adjusted via the mod configuration GUI or file.
- MIDI note range is 49-72 (2 octaves mapped to the Minecraft key of F#. See table above.)
- MIDI channels 1-16
Mock-up of the PC Keyboard GUI. Flute and Melodic Toms as equipped and ready to play
Parrot Dance: Parrots will dance when you play an instrument.
- Minecraft Forge
- Obfuscate Mod