Better Combat Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 will make you able to configure the combat system as you wish as well as make you be able to dual wield weapons for the best combat experience.
Better Combat Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 – Random Crits, New Sounds Effects
Refound energy on missing an attack
- Melee attacks that don’t hit the target won’t trigger the attack cooldown
- Melee attacks gain +1 block range
- Melee attacks hit in a wider area (easier to land hit)
- Melee attacks have now 30% chance to critically strike, critical strikes can no longer be forced by falling
Attacks require full energy
- You may only attack if your energy is full (disabled by default)
Attack and sprint
- Attacking an enemy while sprinting will no longer interrupt your sprint (not working very well for now)
More swipe animation
- Every items can trigger the sword swipe animation
Additional hit sound
- Add an additional sound when striking a target
Additional crit sound
- Add an additional sound when a critical strike happen
Dual Wielding Combat:
- You can now right click with an offhand weapon to strike. Weapons include Swords, Axes, Pickaxes, Shovels, and Hoes.
- Additional information: Note that the “damage immunity” that target recieve when you strike them is not shared. This means that you can hit with both weapons at the same time and the target will recieve both of the damage.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.