Better Portals Mod 1.2.2 replaces vanilla portals by better ones. These portals are better and allow you to see the other side without loading screens.
Better Portals Mod 1.12.2 – See Through Portals Usable
Flat and arbitrarily shaped portals are supported as well:
And so are end portals:
- – Vanilla Nether and End portal.
- – Twilight Forest portal.
- – The Aether portal.
- – Mekanism Teleporter.
- – Travel Huts.
- – AbyssalCraft portals.
Caveats when using Optifine:
- Fast Render must be disabled.
- It’s either Shaders or see-through portals (It may be possible to fix this for shader packs which use the same shaders for both dimensions. For all other shader packs, substantial changes to OF would be required which won’t be happening in the near future.) Note that portals may not render correctly if shaders have just been turned off, if that’s the case, re-join the world.
- The Render Region feature must not be toggled while near a portal (to be safe, change it from the main menu, otherwise the game might crash). Toggling off the Render Region feature in-game should now be supported.