Better Railroads Mod 1.12.2 is a mod that aims to add increased functionality when working with rails. Some big things that this mod includes are better rails and carts that will allow for faster and more organized transport of players, mobs, and items.
Better Railroads Mod 1.12.2 – Increase Usability of Rails
- Wooden Rail: The wooden rail a basic rail that has the same speed as a vanilla rail. Its crafting recipe is simpler and provides many more rails.
- Iron Rail: The iron rail is an upgrade of the wooden rail. It allows for carts to move at higher speeds than vanilla carts. Its crafting recipe provides more rails per craft as well.
- Powered Iron Rail: The powered iron rail is a major upgrade from vanilla powered rails. This rail accelerates carts at twice the speed of vanilla rails as well as having a much higher top speed for carts. When it is unpowered
- Holding Rail: The holding rail is a special type of rail. When un-powered the rail will stop any cart that passes over it. When powered with a cart over it, the cart will continue moving in the direction it came from.
- Deceleration Rail: The deceleration rail acts a normal rail while un-powered. When the rail is powered, any cart that passes over it will slow down down. This is useful for heading into turns at high speed or hills when a slower speed is needed.
- Launching Rail: The launching rail acts as a starting point for carts. When a Rail End is placed at the end of the rail, and the launching rail is powered, any cart on the rail will start moving at a high speed. This is useful for the Speed Cart.
- Intersection Rail: The intersection rail does what it name implies. It allows carts to pass in any direction over it, and continue in that direction. This allows for junctions where rails cross, without the need of redirecting rails in a sloppy manner. Just place one of these at the cross, and the carts will continue in their intended direction.
- Detection Rail: The detection rail acts like a normal vanilla detector rail, but provides a faster top speed.
- Jump Rail: The jump rail allows carts to fly through the air! When a cart hits this rail while it is powered, the cart will be thrown into the air in the direction it was traveling. The strength of the jump can be configured with the wrench.
- Rail End: The Rail is a nice way of ending rail lines, but is also used in combination with the Launching Rail to create a starting point for carts.
- Speed Cart: The speed cart is a special cart that does not collide with mobs but comes with an incredible top speed (Configurable). This means that it cannot be pushed at high speeds, interrupting its travel.
- The wrench is an item that allows you to rotate the rails into any shape, allowing you to change rail directions without having to pick up and place back down the rail over and over. It is also used for configuring the jump rail.
- Jump Rail instructions: Right clicking the rail will increase the strength by 1. Sneak right clicking the rail will reduce it by 1.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.