Bird’s Foods Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 adds over 150 new items, all of which are edible and all of which are craftable through vanilla means. This is intended to be a simple, straightforward mod.
Bird’s Foods Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 – Cooking with Vanilla
A variety of foods, including:
- Soups, Stews, and Pies
- Sandwiches, Burgers, and Tacos
- Curries, Noodles, and Pastas
- Juices, Teas, and alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian and Vegan options
- and numerous miscellaneous foods
Certain foods also have bonus effects:
- If a food is good enough – such as if it restores enough hunger or is an end-of-chain recipe – it may be a Quality food, which will give you a temporary 4 heart health boost. Certain legendary foods may give even more bonuses.
- They might make you woozy for a bit, but every alcoholic beverage includes a buff, such as Regeneration or Haste.
- Certain foods, like milk bottles, tea, and a few others, are considered Palliatives. They clear potion effects when eaten just like Milk Buckets, but only negative effects, so now you can cure your poisoning without losing your fire resistance.
- If you’re feeling lucky, you can try the infamous pufferfish Fugu. It probably (probably) won’t kill you, but facing death down might make you a bit tougher for a little while.
- If you like steak tartare, try a Cannibal Sandwich. If you’ve got a lot of Rotten Flesh hanging around, try a REAL Cannibal Sandwich. Much less likely to poison you if it’s stuck between two slices of bread!
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.