Botania Mod (1.18.2, 1.7.1) is a mod that focuses on natural magic. The idea behind Botania Mod is to create magical plants and devices using the power of Mana, the earth’s energy.
Botania can be used by itself, and is intended to be so. However, it works well with other mods. This mod is focused on automating without grinding. The mod focuses on how systems must be designed and not simply copied from a wiki or NEI blueprint.
Botania adheres to some design guidelines:
- They are not boring or overdone, and they don’t have any pipes, wires, or equivalent.
- Avoid using GUIs to hinder in-world interaction
- To minimize the incentive to minmax, don’t show numbers to the players.
- Use only two particle effects to create beautiful visuals
- Wherever possible, use or provide renewable resources.
With some goals in mind:
- By engaging in play and not just rewarding, you can break the rule that mods are a means to an end.
- You can have fun and balanced gameplay without having to grind.
- Incentivize sandbox play and the creation fun contraptions
- Provide an immersive experience.