Charset Storage Barrels Mod 1.12.2 is an Charset module which adds barrels. The Barrel is an cube added by Charset, according to the Barrel added by Factorization. It doesn’t appear in JEI, but it is nevertheless. Each barrel is capable of storing 64 stacks of things. Items can be extracted from their bottom side and inserted out of their upper side, in addition to by right-clicking or left-clicking front. Unloading an item-based stock, like a Backpack or even a Canvas Bag, is also supported.
Charset Storage Barrels Mod 1.12.2 – Store a Large Quantity of One Item
- The Barrel is used to store a large quantity of one item. It can store 64 stacks of a single item; the total amount depends on the item’s maximum stack size, but it would be 4096 items for the normal stack size of 64. The front of the block shows the item it is holding, along with the amount of said item.
- Right-clicking the Barrel with an item or stack of items will put the item (or stack) into the Barrel. Right-clicking it with an empty hand or a different item will open a pop-up showing the name of the item and the number of it in the Barrel. Left-clicking the Barrel will remove a stack, or the maximum amount of items in the Barrel minus one. Shift left-clicking will only remove one item.
- The Barrel has Redstone Comparator support. When measuring it, the Redstone Comparator will emit a signal proportional to how full the Barrel is. For example, a full barrel will yield a full 15 signal strength from the Redstone Comparator, and an empty barrel will yield no signal.
- Charset Storage Barrels benefits heavily from a mod providing a rotation tool, such as a Wrench.
The Barrel can be upgraded with the following upgrades:
- Hopping – allows the Barrel to act as a Hopper.
- Sticky – ensures that the Barrel will always keep at least one of a given item unless manually removed by a player. This is functionally equivalent to “locking” the barrel to only accept a specific type of item.
In addition, the following upgrades are present, but uncraftable or not enabled by default:
- Silky – not enabled by default as it is superseded by the block carrying tweak in Charset Tweaks. Barrels with this upgrade retain their contents if mined with a Silk Touch pickaxe.
- Infinite – not craftable and specific to Creative Barrels; make the barrel store an infinite amount of the item placed inside it.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and Charset Lib.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.