ChunkGenLimiter Mod 1.12.2 is a small, simple mod that allows to limit max chunk generation per tick for improved server performance.
ChunkGenLimiter Mod 1.12.2 – Limit Chunk Generation Speed to Improve Server Performance
The mod has 2 config options, both modifiable from GUI ingame:
- chunksPerTick = 2
- maxChunkGenMillis = 5
Vanilla defaults are 50 chunks per tick, and 50 milliseconds max. Minecraft by itself never reaches 50 chunks per tick generation speed within 50 ms, so the time is always exceeded. Chunk generation also causes several other parts of world tick to take more time, so it’s not uncommon to see tick time in excess of 100ms.
With a lot of mods that significantly slow down world generation, even 1 chunk per tick may be too much, in that case there is no solution.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.