Colytra Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 provides the ability to attach a elytra to any chestplate you need, letting you reap the benefits of having an elytra without sacrificing the ability to use the cool-looking armor. This mod also contains a bauble version of the normal elytra, letting you utilize it like a body bauble when you have Baubles installed along with it. Additionally wondering about Quark’s dyable elytras? No worries, they’re completely compatible.
Colytra Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 – Elytra Chestplate Attachments
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.13.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.14.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.1 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.3 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
Attaching Elytra to Chestplate
To attach an elytra to a chestplate, you’ll need an anvil. Simply place the chestplate you want to install it on in the left slot and the elytra you want to install in the right slot, and, at the flat fee of 30 levels, bingo! You’ve got a chestplate with the power of an elytra.
Some notes about the colytra:
- This fusion is permanent; there is no way to separate them once the process is completed.
- Prior work penalties for both the elytra and the chestplate will be combined into the new colytra, so be wary of using components that have been worked on multiple times already.
- The elytra and chestplate components function as two separate items in terms of durability and repair. Their durabilities are separate and you can repair each component separately using their respective repair methods. Do note, however, that them being on the same item means that work penalties will apply to either of them cumulatively.
- Enchantments from either component will be combined into the new colytra. Unbreaking and Mending work as usual for both the chestplate and elytra components.
- There is a keybinding to toggle the elytra component on/off for the colytra. This will disable all elytra features and basically act just like the regular chestplate.
- The elytra component will, as usual, be disabled when durability drops to 1. It will never destroy itself. However, the chestplate is under no such restriction. If the chestplate gets destroyed, the elytra component will be destroyed as well.
If you have Baubles installed, there will be a new elytra body bauble for you to use. The recipe is simply a regular elytra! You can craft them both back and forth at no cost.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.