Attaching Elytra to Chestplate
To attach an elytra to a chestplate, you’ll need an anvil. Simply place the chestplate you want to install it on in the left slot and the elytra you want to install in the right slot, and, at the flat fee of 30 levels, bingo! You’ve got a chestplate with the power of an elytra.
Some notes about the colytra:
- This fusion is permanent; there is no way to separate them once the process is completed.
- Prior work penalties for both the elytra and the chestplate will be combined into the new colytra, so be wary of using components that have been worked on multiple times already.
- The elytra and chestplate components function as two separate items in terms of durability and repair. Their durabilities are separate and you can repair each component separately using their respective repair methods. Do note, however, that them being on the same item means that work penalties will apply to either of them cumulatively.
- Enchantments from either component will be combined into the new colytra. Unbreaking and Mending work as usual for both the chestplate and elytra components.
- There is a keybinding to toggle the elytra component on/off for the colytra. This will disable all elytra features and basically act just like the regular chestplate.
- The elytra component will, as usual, be disabled when durability drops to 1. It will never destroy itself. However, the chestplate is under no such restriction. If the chestplate gets destroyed, the elytra component will be destroyed as well.
If you have Baubles installed, there will be a new elytra body bauble for you to use. The recipe is simply a regular elytra! You can craft them both back and forth at no cost.