- To hatch a dragon egg, you’ll need to find a good place for it first. If you found one, place the egg block and simply right click it. The egg will then start to hatch, which will take a while.
- Once grown up, you can tame the dragon with raw fish. It will then follow and protect you like other pets.
- You can command tamed dragons to lay down or stand up with the bone item.
- To ride a tamed dragon, use a saddle on it, then right click it without holding an action item.
- To heal injured dragons, feed it with raw fish, chicken, beef or pork chop (four hearts) or with rotten flesh (two hearts).
- You can control the dragon with the Carrot On A Stick while riding it.
There are multiple breeds of dragons in which some take more effort that others. The breeds of dragons are- Ender, Water, Fire, Ice, Ghost, Air, Forest, and Nether.
- To spawn a Water dragon place your dragon egg in a 3×3 pool of water with a block in the middle, spawn the egg on the block.
- To spawn a Fire dragon,place your dragon egg in a 3×3 pool of lava with a block in the middle, spawn egg on the block.
- To spawn an Ender dragon, place the dragon egg anywhere.
- To spawn a Ghost dragon, place the dragon egg in complete darkness near bedrock.
- To spawn an Ice dragon,place your dragon egg in a 3×3 area of ice blocks with a block in the middle, spawn egg on the block.
- To spawn an Air dragon,(also known as an Aether dragon)you have to spawn the egg at least 5 blocks above the clouds.
- To spawn a Nether dragon,place your dragon egg in a 3×3 area of nether rack with a block in the middle, spawn the egg on the block.
- To spawn a Forest dragon place your egg in a 3×3 square of leaves. spawn your egg in the middle of the square.
In order to tame your dragon you have to wait on it’s maturing. By the time your dragon has 60 HP total, it is a full grown adult. To tame your matured dragon, you feed it raw fish. To ride your dragon put a regular Minecraft saddle on it by right clicking with the saddle in your hand. You have to tame your dragon before you can ride it. If you try to tame your dragon and it says “This dragon is not under your command” then your dragon is still too young.
By turning your cheats on you may use the following, otherwise it will not give you access. You can turn on your cheats when your first make your world. The command is used by the player saying /dragon and then depending on what they want, they say. to get the help say /dragon and it will tell you how to use the command. If you want your dragon to become older or younger say /dragon stage <egg, hatchling, juvenile, or adult> If you want to change the breed of your dragon say /dragon breed <air, end, fire, ghost, ice, nether, water> You cannot turn a dragons breed into forest with this command.
When it comes to playing multiplayer either a regular server or a LAN server, if you spawn a dragon and grow it up, by the time you tame it, if you are not the host (or owner) of the server, you will lose control of your dragon, in other words, any dragon that gets tamed is automatically under control of whom ever is hosting the world. if you are hosting the world, congratulations, you now own every one’s dragons!
Following or Staying:
By using a bone you can make your dragon stand (follow) or stay (don’t follow). If you get too far away from your dragon(s) they will teleport to you. You can ride dragons before making them get up, but once you land, they will sit back down.