Did you ever notice that all the enchanted books have the same color? There is no way to distinguish them or tell how strong they are. Enchanted Book Redesign Mod (1.18.1 and 1.17.1) addresses this issue by changing the ribbon/glint color to match the items the enchants can be on, as well as changing the textures to reflect their level.
Enchanted Book Redesign Mod – 1.18.1, 1.17.1 – Better Identify Enchanted Books
- Minecraft 1.14.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
- Minecraft 1.17.1 Mods
- Minecraft 1.18.1 Mods
- Green – can be applied to armor.
- Red – Can be applied to swords.
- Purple – Can be applied to tridents.
- Orange – Can be applied to bow.
- Teal – Can be applied to crossbow.
- Blue – Can be applied to Fishing rods.
- Brown – Can be applied to tools.
- Black – These are cursed, stay away.
In the case of multiple enchants, the highest level one will take preference for the model and the colors will be combined.