Ensorcellation Mod (1.16.5, 1.18.2) adds many new Enchantments that are suitable for vanilla and mod gameplay. You can also find improved versions of many vanilla enchantments. Various properties for all of these can be configured in the ensorcellment-server.toml file which is unique to each world/server.
Ensorcellation Mod – 1.18.2, 1.16.5 – New & Exciting Enchantments
- Bow & Arrow Mods
- Minecraft 1.14.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
- Minecraft 1.18.2 Mods
Here’s an overview of the included enchantments with their descriptions (which can show in-game, if configured to in CoFH Core):
- Soulbound: The item will remain with the owner after an untimely demise.
- Magic Protection: Reduces damage taken from magical sources.
- Displacement: Randomly teleports attackers away.
- Flaming Rebuke: Sets attackers on fire while knocking them away.
- Chilling Rebuke: Slows and weakens attackers while knocking them away.
- Air Affinity: Removes the mining speed penalty when not on the ground.
- Gourmand: Food is more nourishing and satisfying when consumed.
- Ender Disruption: Increases damage dealt to Ender mobs and inhibits teleportation.
- Vigilante: Increases damage dealt to Illager mobs (and Ravagers).
- Outlaw: Increases damage dealt to Villager mobs (and Iron Golems).
- Cavalier: Increases damage when riding something.
- Frost Aspect: Slows and weakens the target.
- Leech: Restores health when a mob is killed.
- Magic Edge: Slightly increases damage dealt and converts it to magic.
- Vorpal: Randomly performs powerful attacks and decapitations.
- Excavating: Harvests additional blocks in a radius.
- Insight: Increases experience gain when using the item.
- Reach: Increases the distance that the wielder can interact with things.
- Hunter’s Bounty: Provides a chance of additional drops from slain animals.
- Quick Draw: Decreases the amount of time needed to fully draw a bow.
- Trueshot: Increases the accuracy and speed of arrows, and allows them to pierce.
- Volley: Additional arrows are fired with each shot. Only one arrow is consumed.
- Angler’s Bounty: Provides a chance of catching extra items when fishing.
- Furrowing: Tills additional blocks in a line.
- Tilling: Tills additional blocks in a radius.
- Weeding: Clears plants while tilling blocks.
- Bulwark: Prevents the wielder from being knocked back.
- Phalanx: Allows the wielder to move faster while using a shield.
- Curse of Foolishness: Prevents experience gain when using the item.
- Curse of Mercy: Prevents a weapon from dealing a lethal blow.
For the most part, vanilla enchantment overrides simply allow the enchantment to apply to more items – Protection enchantments can apply to Horse Armor. Many sword-only enchantments can apply to Axes as well. Two enchantments with large changes, however, are Mending and Frost Walker.
If the Mending override is enabled (disabled by default), Mending is replaced with Preservation – XP orbs no longer repair the item, but the item can be repaired (and only repaired, not upgraded) at an Anvil for no additional cost. Essentially, the stacking penalty is removed, and the item can last indefinitely but requires manual repair.
If the Frost Walker override is enabled (enabled by default), then Frost Walker will also work when on Horse Armor! There is an additional configuration option to allow Frost Walker to work on Lava blocks (for both Players and Horses), creating Glossed Magma:
- Minecraft Forge
- CoFH Core