Factory Tech Mod 1.12.2 is a new tech mod, centred around designing intricate automation setups. It provides some of the same machines as other tech mods, however it differs from them because no machine in Factory Tech requires electricity. Instead, each machine has a list of components that it needs to run, which gradually wear out and need replacing. It aims to become as near a genuine tech mod as you can, in regard to making the challenge stem from innovative engineering rather than source acquisition.
Factory Tech Mod 1.12.2 – Automatic Maintenance of Machines
List of machines:
- River Grate: Slowly generates metal when placed in a river.
- Chop Saw: Converts logs into planks more efficiently than normal.
- Grindstone: Sharpens parts and tools.
- Metal Cutting Machine: Cuts ingots into precise metal parts.
- Woodcutter: Chops down trees.
- Drill Grinder: Grinds ores to dust to double their output.
- Magnetizer: Magnetizes iron ingots.
- Electric furnace: Smelts faster than a normal furnace and has a few unique recipes.
- Centrifuge: Separates things into their components.
- Crucible: Melts things into liquids.
- Potion mixer: Combines potion effects.
- Circuit scribe: Etches circuit patterns onto quartz.
- Mining machine: Digs a large hole, outputting resources.
- Mob disassembler: Kills monsters for more loot than normal.
- Fluid drill: Extracts sulphur and propane from the Earth.
- Fluid agitator: Vigorously mixes solids and liquids together.
- Electroplater: Purifies ore dust, redoubling its output.
- Refrigerator: Freezes liquids back into solids.
- Compression chamber: Fills portable tanks with compressed fluid.
- Propane furnace: Uses propane tanks to smelt extremely quickly.
- Tempering Oven: Tempers mechanical parts to make them last longer.
- Core charger: Charges energy cores for eventual use.
- Stabilization table: Stabilizes charged energy cores to make them safe to use.
- Biosynthesis unit: Uses energy cores to spawn mobs.
- Mob disruptor: Stops nearby monsters from moving.
- Negative ion disperser: Applies positive potion effects to players.
- Tesla coil: Zaps any nearby creatures not wearing full chainmail.
- Universal Supercharger: Consumes energy cores to double the speed of adjacent machines.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.