Forgotten Items Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 adds many new unique Tools and Items to the game, which are craftable in a special way. They don’t have a regular crafting recipe, however they’ve a recipe which varies based on the planet that you are in. That means when starting off a brand new world you will never know what materials you want to craft an item. The recepies are discovered by reading runes, which can be observed in construction chests. The mod adds a new form of grind and exploration to the match which wasn’t available before.
Forgotten Items Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 – Rediscovered Items
- The explosion pickaxe does what it says – It creates an explosion when breaking a block. The player is immune to that explosion. The dig speed is similar to iron. The explosion can be cancelled by sneaking.
- The Gamble Pickaxe has a very special functionality. When breaking a block, there’s a chance to either duplicate the drop, or destroy the block (dropping nothing). By default, there’s a 30% chance to duplicate the drop. But with each level of fortune applied to the pickaxe, that chance increases by 10%. So with fortune III, there’s a 60% chance to duplicate the drop. The pickaxe has very low durability.
- The vein pickaxe automatically vein-mines the block that is broken. It is very useful for ore gathering, as it breaks – as the name implies – entire veins. It has 852 uses. The vein-mine can be cancelled by sneaking.
- The hasty pickaxe is a pretty simple fast pickaxe, an improvement from gold. It doesn’t have as much durability as diamond, but if it is enchanted with Efficiency V, it can insta-mine materials like stone and hardened clay. It has 547 uses.
- The Obsidian harvester is an improvement of the Hasty Pickaxe. It breaks all blocks similarly to iron, but it can break Obsidian like Diamond would break Cobblestone.
- Bound tools have durability and digspeed similar to diamond, but when the player dies, they keep the tools in the inventory (soulbound). When dropped in the world, the tools can only be picked up by the player who crafted them. They cannot despawn, and are also immune to lava and other forms of damage. They get bound to the player from the moment that they’re crafted. When the tools are bound, they take on a unique color, which stays with the player for all tools. Custom colors can be registered in the config file.
Barkified Axe (Only when Barkifier installed)
- The barkified axe is only available when the latest version of Barkifier is installed. When breaking logs, the logs are automatically “barkified”, meaning that they have bark on all six sides. That block can be placed and used for building various things, like custom trees.
- There are five different types of gems: Shock Gems, Heat Gems, Water Gems, Wind Gems and Ender Gems. All gems are only used as crafting components for higher-tier gadgets.
For each gem there is a correspondent talisman.
- The Shock Talisman absorbs all fall damage, when in the inventory, and transforms the damage into an explosion. The player is immune to said explosion. The size of the explosion depends on the damage that would have been inflicted. You can repair it in an anvil with a Shock gem.
- The Heat Talisman can store lava, like a bucket (right click the source). Each lava block gives 10 “heat” points. When right clicking smeltable blocks, the blocks gets smelted in the world and 1 heat point gets consumed. So things like sand, clay and sponges can be smelted. There is a config option to also enable the smelting of blocks that would drop an item.
- The Water Talisman creates a water source block when right clicked. It can also be used in crafting recipes, as a water bucket substitute. When crafting or placing, it consumes durability, which can be restored in an anvil with a water gem.
- The wind talisman can be right clicked, and it gives the player a small boost in that direction. It can be spammed to take off and “fly”. Just be careful, as fall damage is deadly (or use a shock talisman!). It can also be used with an elytra, as a substitute for rockets! You also fly way faster than with rockets. It can be repaired in an anvil with a wind gem.
- Last but not least, the Ender Talisman. It teleports you wherever you’re looking. It has a default range of 50 blocks, but that can be configured in the config file. It is repaired with ender gems.
- Golem armor has incredible strength, high armor toughness. It also gives you full knockback resistance when you’re wearing the entire set. But it also has its disadvantages. When wearing the set in water, each armorpiece drags you down further. You can’t really swim until you unequip the set.
- The cushioned boots reduce your fall damage by 75%. They also reduce the size of the explosion when using them with a shock talisman. They can be repaired with wool.
- The lifebelt makes you float on water. It also somewhat negates or reduces the effects of the golem armor. It must be worn in the chestplate slot. It can also be repaired with wool.
TschippLib (Download Links below)
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and TschippLib.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.