GrowthCraft Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 includes a collection of mods that add additional crops and utilities to the game. This mod improves upon the agricultural aspects of the game with alcoholic brewing, fishing, and apiculture. Various modpacks such as Resonant Rise and Mianite include Growthcraft into their extensive mod lists.
GrowthCraft Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 – Improved Vanilla Farming
- Growthcraft-Core: contains core utilities that are required for each of the sub-mods.
- Growthcraft-Apples: adds Apple Trees and an Apple Farm to the game.
- Growthcraft-Bamboo: adds the Bamboo Tree to the game. Objects can be created out of bamboo.
- Growthcraft-Bees: adds additional objects and funcationality of Bees.
- Growthcraft-Cellar: adds the ability to brew additional items using hops and grapes.
- Growthcraft-Fishtrap: adds the fishtrap to the game, great for those that do not want to sit by the shore all day.
- Growthcraft-Grapes: adds grapes to the game, combined with the Growthcraft-Cellar mod wine can be made.
- Growthcraft-Hops: adds hops to the game, combined with the Growthcraft-Cellar mod, Ale can be made.
- Growthcraft-Rice: adds rice and rice paddies to the game.
- Apple Sapling: is a sapling dropped by Apple Tree Leaves.
- Apple Cider: Young Apple Cider is created when using the pressing apples in the Fruit Press. Fermenting in the Fermentation Barrel gives off a new effect when consumed.
- Brew Kettle: As the name suggests, it is used to brew basic alcoholic beverages from grain, such as brewing wheat from beer. The Brew Kettle should be placed over a flaming block or other source of heat in order for it to function – it does not burn fuel itself. Right-clicking the Brew Kettle will open its GUI, showing the two fluid tanks, the brew ingredient item slot, and the secondary output item slot. There is also a button for swapping fluid from the output tank to the input tank (or vice versa). The Brew Kettle can hold one bucket of input fluid, one bucket of output fluid, one stack of brewing grain, and one stack of secondary output items.
- Fermentation Barrel: As the name suggests, it is used to ferment alcoholic beverages from fruit juices, or to mature the products of the Brew Kettle. The Brew Kettle has no special needs for placement. Right-clicking the Brew Kettle will open it’s GUI, showing the two fluid tanks, the brew ingredient item slot, and the secondary output item slot. There is also a button for swapping fluid from the output tank to the input tank (or vice versa). The Brew Kettle can hold one bucket of input fluid, one bucket of output fluid, one stack of brewing grain, and one stack of secondary output items.
- Fruit Press: The Fruit Press presses various fruit into related Liquids.
- Fish Trap: As the name suggests, it is used to automatically capture fish (and other capture-able things) without the need of a Fishing Rod. The Fish Trap should be completely surrounded by water in order to function, and should be in a water-based biome (like a River or Ocean) for increased functionality. Right-clicking the Fish Trap will open it’s GUI, with 5 slots for fish.
- Sake: Sake is an alcoholic drink added by GregTech 6. Consuming it returns the Glass Bottle that it was stored in.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.