Lumen Mod 1.14.3/1.12.2 adds various glowing ambient entities to your world that you can interact with. For a better experience, it is recommended that you install Albedo in order for companion orbs and lanterns to emit colored light (this is however not compulsory).
Lumen Mod 1.14.3/1.12.2 – Illuminations Mod, Fireflies and Companions
The current exhaustive entity list this mod adds:
- Fireflies: Appearing in wet and forest biomes (most commonly swamps), they are attracted by light and move in swarms.
- Psi fireflies: The firefly counterpart appearing in the End and magical type biomes.
- Lightning bugs: These insects go out during stormy nights and produce a pretty bioluminescent cyan tint.
- Embers: Roaming in their natural habitat, the Nether, you might want to avoid getting too close to them as they will set you afire should you touch them.
- Companion orbs: As their name suggest, they are companions that will follow you. They are summoned through various items, however, you can only have one following you at a time.
The current exhaustive item list this mod adds:
- Glass jar: You can use it to capture fireflies, psi fireflies and lightning bugs. Doing so doesn’t serve much purpose as it stands currently, but it will in the future be used to make firefly lanterns and other various decorations.
- Companion summoners: Used to summon companion orbs that will follow you. Current summoners include: Scorching flint (Solar orb).
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and Albedo.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.