MagicBooks Mod 1.12.2 adds four books into Minecraft which can be found in chests throughout the world. When a player right clicks with a book in their hand they gain one skill point for that element which can be spent to unlock spells. Some features may be harder to understand.
MagicBooks Mod 1.12.2 – Magic Books and Spells
- Book Of Air – Right click to earn an air skill point
- Book Of Earth – Right click to earn an earth skill point
- Book Of Fire – Right click to earn a fire skill point
- Book Of Water – Right click to earn a water skill point
- Book Of Arcane – Right click to earn an arcane skill point
- Magic Book – Open the spells GUI, click on spell icons to unlock spells with skill points
- Spell Bag – Large inventory just for storing spells
- Shards – Mined from their respective ores and used in crafting recipes and creating mana
- Wands – Right click to cast an unlocked spell when a spell item is in the hot-bar slot to the left of the wand, the element of the wand and the element of the spell must match
- Pickaxe Of The Air – When the player is infused with air mana this pickaxe also acts as a magnet using the wind to sweep items towards them
- Pickaxe Of The Earth – Mines in a large area when the player is infused with earth mana
- Pickaxe Of Fire – Autosmelts ores when the player is infused with fire mana
- Pickaxe Of Water – Replaces mined obsidian with water when player is infused with water mana
- Axes – All axes are currently just good durability and speed tools. They will gain special abilities in the future
- Crystal Linker – Used only to link crystals of the same element to each other
- Greater Crystals – Insert shard of matching element in GUI to generate mana
- Crystals – Used to transport mana, have no GUI, automatically connect to closest greater crystal
- Pedestals – Used in the rituals to make blocks/items
- Shard Blocks – Used as a crafting component and storage block
- Mana Pad – Stand on a mana pad to infuse mana into player. This is how you gain mana to cast spells and use the special abilities of tools. Mana pads will automatically drain mana from the nearest crystal
- Ores – Mine the shard ores to obtain shards
- Lightning Spell – Cast this to smite the looked at block/entity
- Invisibility Spell – Cast this to make yourself invisible
- Grow Spell – Cast on crops to make them grow faster
- Wall Spell – Summon a wall of earth wall blocks in front of you, these blocks will then disappear after a short amount of time
- Fireblast – Set all mobs in the surrounding area on fire
- Bubble – Be completely invulnerable for a few seconds
All runes automatically pull mana from the nearest crystal matching their element
- Rune Of Drowning – Will deal drowning damage to mobs on top and prevent them from moving
- Rune Of Lumber – Cuts down surrounding trees using earth mana. Place an adjacent inventory to store items in it
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.