ModelLoader 1.12.2 is a library that allows mods to load models in format mcx and gltf.
ModelLoader 1.12.2 – Load Models in Format mcx and gltf
There are 2 operation modes in the library:
- Loading models defined in the blockstate json files (ModelLoaderApi.registerDomain(MOD_ID))
- Registering the models directly (ModelLoaderApi.registerModel(id, location))
You can get back the baked model and the original model data with (ModelLoaderApi.getModelEntry(id))
The format MCX is just a json serialization of a IBakedModel so it simple and can be changed easily.
GlTF in the other hand, it’s a complex format that uses binary encoding to optimize file size, allows animations and it’s becoming an standard in the game industry.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.