How about, that More Fun Quicksand Mod 1.7.10 adds 18 types of Quicksands? (15 before 1.0.5) That naturally generate around whole world. And if you don’t like any one particular type, you can toggle it’s generation off in the config file. Also More Fun Quicksand Mod adds two types of Hooks as the Rope and GrapplingHook, that is very useful tools to get out of some sticky situations.
More Fun Quicksand Mod 1.7.10
Every Quicksand block has original properties, colourful texture, sound effects, generation and physics.
There are 5 main parameters that controls the behavior of any type of Quicksand:
- Controls the speed of sinking into stuff. The thicker it is the slower the sinking speed.
- Ex: Very High – Very slow sinking.
- Controls horizontal speed in the stuff. The higher the viscosity the slower movement speed is.
- Ex: Very High – Very slow movement speed.
- Controls how harder you must pull to get out of the stuff. The greater the suction power the harder it is to get out.
- There is horizontal suction when suction power greater than Average, which does not allow you to move in the stuff.
- Ex: Very High – Very powerful suction.
- Controls whether you can stand on the surface or not.
- Yes – can stand on the surface almost without sinking (without sinking if on the Moors surface).
- Partially – can stand on the surface but slowly sinking.
- No – can’t stand on the surface, immediately sinking.
Wading Boots (only with Biomes O’ Plenty):
- Controls whether or not WadingBoots can be used to prevent fast sinking.
The mechanics of Quicksand is not very simple. But here are some tips for surviving in it:
- If you’re stuck in the Quicksand but not too deep (knee deep or less), you can just jump out of it. But be careful! When you land you can sink deeper than you were before.
- Don’t try to dig the Quicksand, it’s futile. If you’re near solid ground you can try to dig that, and if Suction of Quicksand is not too strong you can try to get out into the empty space, that you dug.
- If you’re stuck deeper than knee deep, you can try to struggling by tapping jumps button, but in the some types of Quicksands you only will sink deeper. If you will work hard and you are lucky, you can get out of this.
- If you’re sinking in Quicksand don’t move without the need. Any your movement will just pull you deeper. (In some types this effect is very strong) Be calm, you may have time (or not) before you will go under. If you are not alone try to call for help, they can dig you out or pull you out by using Hook or Rope.
- If you have an Rope or Hook in your inventory, use it immediately. Do not waste time, in some types this is unforgivable. Remember, your Hooks and Ropes have a certain durability, it’s keep a more than one Rope in your inventory.
- Just try to avoid Quicksand (or the more dangerous of its types). If you don’t fall into it, you will not need to get out.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download More Fun Quicksand Mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy More Fun Quicksand Mod.