Moving Light Resources Mod 1.12.2 is a mod where torches and all other items that emit light will do this while being transported. Particularly helpful is that a flashlight can be taken on your off-hand lighting the way while you utilize instrument in your primary hand. Additionally, burning entities throw light and for added fun torches may be applied as weapons and burn off things. Dropped things that signify light-emitting blocks will emit light. Basically all the things you wanted to do with torches is now possible.
Moving Light Sources Mod 1.12.2 – Torches Can Be Used As Weapons
- All Light-Emitting Blocks can be used: If the player is holding (in either hand) any light-emitting block, the immediate area around the player will light up with same light level as the related block. Light-emitting blocks from other mods should work as long as their default state is to emit light.
- Torches can be used as Weapons: As an option, torches now can be used as a weapon to burn entities.
- Burning Entities Emit Light: It adds a lot of realism to see burning entities emitting light. This includes flaming arrows.
- Some Enchantments Emit Light: “Fire type” enchantments (Flame and Fire Aspect) will emit light if player is holding item with such enchantment.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.