Mutant More Mod (1.16.5), adds tons of mutant mobs to the game. These mobs can either be created naturally or with the new items Formula Y or Compound Z. They are extremely tough opponents and reward you with powerful items if they are defeated. You can also get many new advancements through the mod. The Mutant More mod will spice up your world with many new and tough enemies to face, as well as interesting items you can collect.
Mutant More Mod – 1.16.5 – Tons of New Mutant Mobs
- The Mutant Husk is an extremely strong mob, it’s the mutant version of the Husk, and quite similar to the original Mutant Zombie, to inform you of the dangers that this powerful mob brings, here are the basics:
- Finding the Mutant Husk: A Mutant Husk can be found out in the wild in place of a Husk, the chance that a Husk will spawn as a Mutant Husk is usually 1 in 100, but can be altered in the mod’s config file.
- Abilities of the Mutant Husk:
- The Mutant Husk has many powerful attacks, here they are:
- Ground slam: similar to the original Mutant Zombie, the Mutant Husk slams its fists into the ground, causing a powerful shockwave to move towards the Mutant Husk’s target, this attack isn’t too strong, but still shouldn’t be underestimated.
- Sand throw: the Mutant Husk throws a block of sand at its target, dealing a substantial amount of damage, quite an easy attack to avoid, but can still cause some issues if you’re attempting to flee from the Mutant Husk.
- Undead summon: The Mutant Husk roars loudly, knocking back and dealing minor damage to nearby mobs, a while after the roar, a group of Husks burst out of the ground to aid the Mutant Husk in battle.
- Mob throw: If the Mutant Husk is extremely close to its target, it will throw the target high into the air, it will proceed to jump into the air after the target, once it meets its target in the air, it will slam the target into the ground, dealing immense damage, this is the Mutant Husk’s most powerful attack.
- Defeating the Mutant Husk: Once you manage to defeat the Mutant Husk, it will fall to the ground, seemingly dead, but this may not be the case, the Mutant Husk proceeds to stand back up and continue attacking, this must be repeated 3 times before the Mutant Husk is gone for good, alternatively, a downed Mutant Husk can be burned to kill it faster, this is a risky tactic, however, because the Mutant Husk’s drop may be burned in the process.
- The Cactus Jug: A defeated Mutant Husk will yield an Empty Cactus Jug, this can be filled up when used on a cactus, if you drink a Filled Cactus Jug, it will remove all your current effects and apply some new ones for a short duration, these are Saturation, Absorbtion and Regeneration, the Cactus Jug is certainly a worthwhile reward for defeating such a powerful opponent
Mutant Wither Skeleton:
- The Mutant Wither Skeleton is a specialist in melee combat, it’s the mutant version of the Wither Skeleton, and quite similar to the original Mutant Skeleton, to inform you of the dangers that this tough mob brings, here are the basics:
- Finding the Mutant Wither Skeleton: A Mutant Wither Skeleton can be found out in the wild in place of a Wither Skeleton, the chance that a Wither Skeleton will spawn as a Mutant Wither Skeleton is usually 1 in 75, but can be altered in the mod’s config file.
- Abilities of the Mutant Wither Skeleton:
- The Mutant Wither Skeleton has many powerful attacks, here they are:
- Brutal slash: The Mutant Wither Skeleton slashes at its target with its two large Withered Claymores, dealing heavy damage and knockback, like any Wither Skeleton, when it damages its target, it applies the nasty Wither effect.
- Rib crush: Similar to the original Mutant Skeleton, when close to its target, the Mutant Wither Skeleton crushes the target with its rib cage, dealing immense damage and knocking the target far back.
- Mutant lunge: When the Mutant Wither Skeleton is far away from its target, it lunges at a high speed towards its target, it will damage any mob it runs into while lunging, this makes the Mutant Wither Skeleton very hard to flee from.
- Yields of the Mutant Wither Skeleton: Like the original Mutant Skeleton, when the Mutant Wither Skeleton is defeated, it bursts into a pile of body parts, these body parts can be crafted into Wither Skeleton armour, the helmet and chestplate of this armour give strength and haste to the wearer, there’s also a chance that the Mutant Wither Skeleton can drop one of its Withered Claymores upon death, a fairly powerful weapon
- The Mutant Blaze is possibly the strongest mutant yet, it’s the mutant version of the Blaze, to inform you of the dangers that this tough mob brings, here are the basics:
- Finding the Mutant Blaze: A Mutant Blaze can be found out in the wild in place of a Blaze, the chance that a Blaze will spawn as a Mutant Blaze is usually 1 in 75, but can be altered in the mod’s config file.
- Abilities of the Mutant Blaze:
- The Mutant Blaze’s most interesting quality is that it’s rods fly around at such a rate that any nearby mobs get picked up and swirl around too! It also has many powerful attacks, here they are:
- Fireball blast: The Mutant Blaze shoots a large explosive fireball out of its large mouth, this fireball is easily dogeable and can be shot back at the Mutant Blaze, but this explosive attack is still quite formidable.
- Rod shot: When the Mutant Blaze is close to its target, it will shoot out its rods towards any nearby creature, dealing a lot of damage and knockback, setting mobs on fire and having a chance to summon a Rodling to aid the Mutant Blaze in combat, this is certainly a fierce move.
- Flaming charge: The Mutant Blaze flies at high speeds towards its target, this doesn’t directly do any damage, but can get the Mutant Blaze close enough to perform its rod shot attack.
- Conquering the Mutant Blaze: When the Mutant Blaze dies it turns into a massive tornado, sucking in all nearby mobs before exploding into a storm of blaze rods. If you can survive this last attack, you can claim your rewards! The main reward from defeating the Mutant Blaze is the Mutant Blaze Core, which can be used to boost an airborne player even higher, and fling around nearby mobs as if they were in the Mutant Blaze’s swirling mass of blaze rods. You can also go around collecting the Mutant Blaze’s rods, which will do one of three things: drop as a regular blaze rod, blow up, or rarely, turn into a tamed Rodling!
- Rodling: This fiery critter can either be a formidable foe, or a loving companion depending on the circumstances of its birth, if it is made when a Mutant Blaze uses its rod shot attack, the Rodling will attack any nearby players by shooting them with small fireballs, if a Rodling has appeared after picking up a Mutant Blaze’s rod however, the Rodling will act as a pet! Pet Rodlings will fly around after their owners and can be sat down like any other pet, they will also fight for their owner by shooting fireballs at any mob that the owner has attacked or been attacked by! But this isn’t the limit of a tamed Rodling’s capabilities.
- Rodling Checker: This item is used to check up on your tamed Rodling and alter some of its behaviours, it’s crafted with 7 cobblestone, 1 redstone dust, and a Mutant Blaze Core, when used on a tamed Rodling, it will show the Rodling’s health and fireball strength, a tamed Rodling can be healed with blaze powder, blaze powder can also increase a tamed Rodling’s maximum health, a Rodling’s fireball strength can be increased by feeding it a fire charge, a Rodling with higher Fireball Strength will shoot more powerful fireballs. A Rodling Checker can also be used to change some of a tamed Rodling’s attributes: Whether it can sit on its owner’s shoulder, whether it damages blocks with its fireballs, and whether its name is always shown.
- The Mutant Hoglin is a truly fearsome beast, it’s the mutant version of the Hoglin, to inform you of the dangers that this tough mob brings, here are the basics:
- Finding the Mutant Hoglin: A Mutant Hoglin can be found out in the wild in place of a Hoglin, the chance that a Hoglin will spawn as a Mutant Hoglin is usually 1 in 75, but can be altered in the mod’s config file.
- Abilities of the Mutant Hoglin:
- The Mutant Hoglin has many powerful attacks, here they are:
- Headbutt: Similarly to the regular Hoglin, when near to its target, the Mutant Hoglin lowers its head and performs a fierce headbutt, knocking its target high into the air, this attack may not be the most powerful, but can still be quite nasty if your health is dropping too low.
- Ground smash: Occasionally, when the Mutant Hoglin is close to its target, it raises up its arm and smashes it into the ground, causing a large shockwave to spread out from the Mutant Hoglin, this shockwave can deal heavy damage, so, to avoid this powerful attack, you must jump over the shockwave.
- Hog charge: The Mutant Hoglin rears up on its hind legs and charges towards its target, destroying blocks and dealing immense damage to any mobs it comes across, this is undoubtedly a vicious attack.
- Defeating the hog: When you manage to defeat the Mutant Hoglin, it drops the Mutant Hoglin Tusk, which, when placed in a brewing stand along with an awkward potion, will slowly brew into a potion of Hog Power, when you drink the potion of Hog Power, you acquire the abilities of a charging Mutant Hoglin, gaining speed, extra health, and knocking back any nearby mobs for a short amount of time, this potion is certainly useful when in a crowd of mobs.
- The Mutant Shulker is certainly a very interesting specimen, it’s the mutant version of the Shulker, to inform you of the dangers that this tough mob brings, here are the basics:
- Finding the Mutant Shulker: Strangely, Mutant Shulkers will never appear naturally, it is theorized that this is because Shulkers don’t have enough room to naturally mutate into larger Mutant Shulkers.
- Abilities of the Mutant Shulker:
- The Mutant Shulker has many powerful attacks, here they are:
- In shell: This section describes the abilities that the Mutant Shulker can use while hiding in its shell, when its shell is fully closed, the Mutant Shulker is completely immune to harm.
- Shulker peek: Like the normal Shulker, the Mutant Shulker will occasionally open its tough shell to look for incoming threats, once a target is spotted, the Mutant Shulker launches its attack.
- Bullet shot: Like the normal Shulker, the Mutant Shulker will occasionally open its tough shell to shoot a homing bullet at its target, this bullet behaves identically to the regular Shulker’s bullet, however, the Mutant Shulker can shoot these in rapid succession, causing the attack to be much more deadly.
- Out of shell: This section describes the abilities that the Mutant Shulker can use while fully out of its shell, the Mutant Shulker has a chance to emerge from its shell when hurt.
- Brutal bite: When close to its target, the Mutant Shulker will use its sharp shell to bite at its opponent, this attack deals heavy damage and can finish a player off in seconds.
- Bullet hover: The Mutant Shulker has a small chance to leap into the air and start hovering and spinning around like a helicopter! A Mutant Shulker in flight will slowly follow its target, shooting out large amounts of bullets at any nearby creatures before eventually closing its shell and falling back to the ground, ready to start its attack pattern again.
- The Mutant Shulker Box: When the Mutant Shulker has been conquered, it drops a Mutant Shulker Box, this box when placed on the ground, will capture a nearby mob and store it inside, any mob inside the Mutant Shulker Box is completely immune to damage. To collect the Mutant Shulker Box, simply crouch and right-click on it.
How to use:
How to make a mutant:
- Formula Y: Formula Y is the cheapest option for making a mutant mob, to make Formula Y, you simply need to place some bottles and a block of obsidian in a brewing stand, now you have Formula Y! To make a mutant, you simply need to use it on a mob! The mob will shake and will eventually do one of two things, either explode (which is guaranteed if the mob doesn’t have a mutant variant) or, occasionally, the mob mutates! Now you’re in for the fight of your life.
- Compound Z: Compound Z is harder to make than Formula Y, but is much more likely to turn a mob into a mutant, Compound Z is created by putting Formula Y and any item dropped by a mutant in a brewing stand. When used on a mob, it takes effect instantly, and has a 50% chance to mutate a mob.