Realistic Torches Mod (1.19.2, 1.18.2) is a mod for modpack developers who want to increase difficulty in the early games. This mod’s primary feature causes torches that have been set to burn out to encourage players to switch to permanent light sources sooner rather than later.
Realistic Torches Mod – 1.19.2, 1.18.2 – Real Time Dynamic Lighting
- Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
- Minecraft 1.17.1 Mods
- Minecraft 1.18.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.19.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods
- Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods
- Minecraft 1.9.4 Mods
- Torches are now unlit when crafting, and must be lit using a matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel (not in the rain, though!) after being placed. As a result, the matchbox must be acquired before players can explore caves safely, prevent hostiles from spawning, etc.
- Torches will burn out after a specified amount of time (60 minutes real time by default, can be changed in the config) and become unlit. This encourages players to seek more permanent light sources early on, such as lava or glowstone.
- Permanently lit (vanilla) torches can be crafted using a glowstone crystal instead of coal.
- Certain items and blocks (torches, glowstone dust and blocks, lava buckets, etc.) will emit light when held. This feature is disabled by default due to possible performance issues but can be enabled in the config.
- Torch recipes added by other mods will be removed to ensure that the matchbox or flint and steel must be acquired to craft lit torches (can be disabled in the config).
Unlit Torch (Coal)
Unlit Torch (Charcoal)
Lit Torch (Shapeless, matchbox takes 1 damage per craft)
Glowstone Crystal (Coal)
Glowstone Crystal (Charcoal)
Torch (Vanilla, permanently lit)