Reskillable Mod 1.12.2 is the continuation and internal rewrite of Skillable by Vazkii.
Reskillable Mod 1.12.2 – Skills, Abilities, and Level Locks
Reskillable is a mod about leveling various skills up, using XP. Leveling skills up allow you to unlock traits and use more items. By default, a lot of vanilla items are locked to require leveling your skills up. For example, you’re not allowed to use a Diamond Pickaxe until you reach level 16 Mining.
Skillable adds 8 skills to level up, each of them with a few traits that you can unlock by leveling up. Traits power up your character, giving them special passive boosts.
Note that Reskillable just as Skillable alters the following vanilla behaviors:
- Items and blocks can’t be used or mined if you don’t have the required levels.
- Sheep will not drop wool when killed, to require you to get Shears before you can make a bed.
Also Check Out Official Addon: CompatSkills, which also adds a bunch new Compat and General Content for use with Reskillable. Check the screenshots below for what it looks like.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.