Sanity Mod 1.12.2 adds in a the sanity mechanic used in the game Don’t Starve. As you do things that lose your sanity you start seeing more and more things and sometimes they attack.
Sanity Mod 1.12.2 – Create Hallucinations in Minecraft
- Ghost Zombie: Ghost zombies spawn when a player has low sanity and that player becomes the zombie’s target. After a few seconds, or, after being in light, ghost zombies will vanish. They will also vanish if they lose their target. If a ghost zombie is killed, they will drop specter goo.
- Light Seekers: Light seekers are creatures made of smoke, at least in the living realm. They assist ghost zombies by going after light sources near a player of low sanity. They make a great deal of noise and so are easy to notice. If they get to the light source, the light source breaks and the light seeker vanishes. Standing on/near or destroying their target light source will kill them but they do not seem to drop anything.
- Staring Eyes: Although harmless, they can cause an uneasy feeling. Having low sanity can cause invisible creatures with glowing eyes to stare. They only stay in pure darkness and approaching them will cause them to leave. The lower the sanity, the more often they will appear as a reminder to worry about sanity.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and TiffitLib.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.