Shield Parry Mod 1.13.2/1.12.2 enables anything that’s recognized as a shield to parry Throwables such as Snowballs, Ender Pearls, Fireballs including Blaze’s and Dragon’s Fireballs, and Arrows.Â You can still parry fireballs by hitting them with your sword.
Shield Parry Mod 1.13.2/1.12.2 – Reflective Shield
There is a 2-second window after raising your shield where you can deflect projectiles that hit your shield. This can be changed in the config file. Executing a parry not only does this, but your shield will also not take damage.
It also adds an enchantment called Rebound that increases this time window for parrying. It has a maximum level of 5 but this can also be changed in the config. By default the bonus percentage is 25%, so each enchantment level adds an extra half-second. This means the time bonuses totaling 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds respectively. It is a treasure enchantment, making it only found on enchanted books in loot chests and from villagers.
What works as shields to parry projectiles, but not exclusively, are:
- Minecraft’s Wooden Shields
- Immersive Engineering’s Heavy Shields
- Tinkers’ Construct Battlesigns
- Thermal Foundation’s Shields
Any item that inherits the ItemShield class or returns true on the Item#isShield(ItemStack, Entity) method will be able to parry.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.