Simply Jetpacks Mod 1.7.10/1.6.4 adds in a new amazing fast way to travel in Minecraft. See the views and fly over your minecraft world with a Jetpack with both fly and hover mode. These Jetpacks make for a fast way to travel around as well as an great way to see the beautiful views in Minecraft.
Simply Jetpacks Mod 1.7.10/1.6.4 – Fast Way to Travel in Minecraft
Flux Packs are a secondary feature of the mod, and are basically Thermal Expansion Energy Cells or Ender IO Capacitor Banks worn as armor. They are a special kind of chestplate that will charge RF-powered items that are worn as armor or are currently held in the user’s hand. Flux Packs can be armored the same way jetpacks can.
Currently, there are four different flux packs in the mod. The Ender IO versions are called Capacitor Packs instead of Flux Packs.
- Tier 1 Flux Pack (Leadstone / Basic): The lowest tier. Slowly charges items, and doesn’t store that much. Its stats are quite similar to Thermal Expansion’s Leadstone Energy Cell.
- Tier 2 Flux Pack (Hardened / Double-Layer): A slight improvement over the first tier. Charges items quicker, and stores a bit more power too. Its stats are quite similar to Thermal Expansion’s Hardened Energy Cell.
- Tier 3 Flux Pack (Redstone / Quadruple-Layer): A much better flux pack than the previous two. Charges items quite quickly, and stores a good amount of power. Its stats are quite similar to Thermal Expansion’s Redstone Energy Cell.
- Tier 4 Flux Pack (Resonant / Octadic): The highest tier. Stores a huge amount of power, and charges items very quickly. Its stats are quite similar to Thermal Expansion’s Resonant Energy Cell. It can be used to create a JetPlate.
Other than the obvious feature (flying), jetpacks can have a few other abilities.
- Hover Mode: Jetpacks can be set to be in hover mode. By default, jetpacks let users fly upwards fast and allow them to freefall. In hover mode, users can’t freefall, but instead slowly descend. Flying upwards is also slower in hover mode. Higher tier jetpacks descend more slowly. By sneaking, useres can avoid this to descend faster.
- Armor: Jetpacks may be armored using armor plating, to provide protection like a proper chestplate. Higher tier jetpacks have better protection values, but also require armor plating that is made from more expensive materials.
- Particles: It is possible to change what particle type a jetpack emits, using particle customizers. Currently there are four possible particle types: default (flames and smoke), no particles, smoke only and rainbow smoke.
- Safety: Higher tier jetpacks will save their users from falling to death. By default, the Reinforced Jetpack and anything better than that can do this. These jetpacks will also save their users from falling into the void. Note that lower tier jetpacks will NOT do this, unless configured otherwise!
Currently, there are seven different jetpacks in the mod.
- Tier 1 Jetpack (Leadstone / Conductive Iron): A low-tier, cheap jetpack that is available early-game. It is not very fast, and doesn’t last very long. Still, it’s better than no flight at all.
- Tier 2 Jetpack (Hardened / Electrical Steel): An upgrade to the Tier 1 Jetpack. It is slightly faster and lasts a bit longer than the previous tier. It’s available soon after the Leadstone Jetpack.
- Tier 3 Jetpack (Reinforced / Energetic): A significant improvement over the last two tiers. It flies a lot faster and lasts quite a bit longer. The flight is also a lot easier to control.
- Tier 4 Jetpack (Resonant / Vibrant): The best regular jetpack available in survival mode. It is even faster than the Tier 3 Jetpack, lasts for a very long time before needing a recharge and is very easy to control, to a point that it could be considered close to creative flight.
- JetPlate (Flux-Infused / Dark Soularium): Not a regular jetpack, but a combination of an armored Tier 4 Jetpack and an armored Tier 4 Flux Pack with added armor. Because of this, it offers flight, charging and a very good armor value. The flight is also even more stable than the Tier 4 Jetpack. Idle descent is completely nonexistent with this item, making flying with it almost exactly the same as creative flight, if not arguably better.
- Creative Jetpack: As it name suggests, only available in creative mode. It is very similar to JetPlates, but it will never run out of power.
- Tuberous Jetpack: A makeshift potato-powered jetpack. It’s cheaper than the Tier 1 Jetpack, but it has a little disadvantage…
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and required mods.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.