Squake Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 is a Quake-style movement mod for Minecraft, mostly inspired by the movement in Fortress Forever/Team Fortress Classic. This mod includes bunnyhopping, strafe jumping, atmosphere controller, trimping, and sharking to Minecraft and eliminates losing speed from taking fall harm (needs to be set up server-side for this). Bunnyhopping is uncapped by default, but includes config settings for Fortress Forever-style soft and difficult bunnyhop caps. The atmosphere and ground acceleration code is really based on Half-Life’s, but nevertheless, it needs to be rather similar to Quake’s. The trimp mechanic is a modified variant of this Fortress Forever trimp mechanic: if you’re moving quickly enough, holding sneak whilst jumping will convert some of your flat rate into vertical rate. Sharking describes gliding across the surface of water by simply holding jump. Not compatible with Smart Moving Mod.
Squake Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 – Bunny Hop, Strafe and Surf
- Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.6.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods
- Minecraft 1.9.4 Mods
- Bunny Hopping: is a simple modification that increases horizontal velocity while airborne, particularly while sprinting and jumping.
- Strafe Jumping: is a new movement that will increase movement velocity while jumping, strafing, and moving forward all at the same time. Thus, jumping, sprinting forward, and moving slightly to the side will significantly increase the player’s movement velocity.
- Air Control: allows the player to have much more control over their movements while airborne. The player is able to rotate and change direction significantly quicker than Vanilla permits, while airborne.
- Trimping: modifies the player’s vertical and horizontal velocity when jumping depending on the slope or wall that they are jumping before. In other words, jumping downhill will decrease vertical speed and height, but increase horizontal speed and distance, while jumping uphill will increase vertical speed and height, but decrease horizontal speed and distance.
- Sharking: allows the player to glide extraordinarily fast across bodies of fluids. Sharking can be initiated by sprint-jumping onto a body of water. This same buff applies to flowing water, even if the player is going against the current.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and Player API.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.