Terrain Crystals Mod 1.10.2/1.8.9 allows players to construct large spike-shaped islands out of several vanilla biomes. Crystals can convert current biomes into new biomes as well as provide decoration from the respective biome.
Terrain Crystals Mod 1.10.2/1.8.9 – Biome Sky Islands
Currently the following biomes are supported:
- Plains – Can generate grass, flowers as well as Birch or Oak trees. – Converts the biome to Plains
- Desert – Creates varying size of cacti and dead bushes – Converts the biome to Desert
- Mesa – Creates an island of layered hardened clay of various colors as well as red sand and cactus – Converts the biome to Mesa
- Taiga – Creates an island of dirt, podzol, coarse dirt and grass with spruce saplings on the surface. – Converts the biome to Cold Taiga (Allows snow)
- End – Creates an island of end stone with ruin-like structures of obsidian spotted about. – Converts the biome to End
- Nether – Creates an island of Netherrack, soul sand and gravel. Can spawn mushrooms if dark enough. – Converts the biome to Hell
- Mushroom Island – Creates an island of Mycelium with red and brown mushrooms with a chance to spawn large mushrooms. – Converts the biome to Mushroom island
- Ice Plains Spikes – Creates an island of snow and stone with randomized structures and pillars of packed ice. Converts the biome to Ice Plains.
- Jungle – Creates an island of grass and dirt with chances to spawn jungle “bushes”, trees, melons and grass. Converts the biome to Jungle.
- Swamplands – Creates an island of grass and dirt with a chance to spawn trees and flowers. Can spawn pools of water with a chance to spawn clay deposits, lilypads, or sand and sugarcane. Converts the biome to Swamplands
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.