Totemic Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 is a mod about Totem Poles, nature and Native American culture. The main focus lies on Totem Poles. They can give passive boons to players nearby, but more importantly, they are the central piece of Ceremonies: Dancing around a Totem Pole and playing music from various instruments to invoke strong effects and manipulate the world.
Totemic Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 – Magic Totem Poles
- Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.6.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods
- Minecraft 1.9.4 Mods
The main feature of Totemic, is Totem poles, these are carved out of Red Cedar wood. To create the red cedar wood, just create the Cedar Metamorphesiser (temp name, and a temp way to create the cedar) and then just right click on a sapling, and it will create a Red Cedar Sapling.
You then can craft a Totem Whittling Knife. The whittling knife is what you use to carve out of wood, to change the mode on it, shift and right click on cedar log to carve out a block. To see what mode it is currently in, just hover over the item in your inventory. There are 7 Totems, all based off of animals.
Totem poles are built in the following way:
They have the base, the Totem Base, this is carved using the whittling knife, and is the block which does all of the effects. You can then have 5 Totems above it, and they are also created using the whittling knife on Red Cedar.
Your totem poles should look something like the following:
These totem poles are powered by the life of nearby plants, meaning that it will drain the growth stages of them. This gives the Totem Poles plant essence, which it can use to do the effects of the Totems.
These are the following Totems and Totem Effects:
- Horse: This gives nearby players speed.
- Bat: A new effect that takes away fall damage, and gives you the power of gliding by shifting while falling.
- Blaze: It gives you fire resistance.
- Ocelot: Nearby creepers will not explode.
- Squid: Nearby players get water breathing.
- Spider: Nearby players can climb walls.
- Cow: Nearby players get resistance, and slowness.
Working with your Red Cedar:
Red cedar wood is very versatile, and has many uses. First off, you can carve the bark off of it. To do that, craft a Bark Stripper, and just right click on the log. After a few seconds, it should turn into a Stripped Red Cedar log, and drop some Red Cedar Bark. The bark is a crafting component, and the stripped log can be turned into planks more efficiently than just using the logs, and also made into charcoal.
The Blow Gun:
The Blow Gun is a ranged weapon akin to the bow, but it shoots out blow darts, these blowdarts can be coated with items to give them special effects, like poison, or a antidote effect. Warning, the rendering on the entity a little bit derpy, so it may look out of place in the world.
This is a tool to get information from certain blocks, right clicking on your Totem Base will get you how much Plant Essence it currently has, and clicking on the Poles will tell you the Totem currently in it.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.