Ultimate Unicorn Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 puts into your game 6 new magical horse types (Unicorn, Pegasus, Destrier, Nightmare, Hippocamp, and Kirin) and many new items, including magic wands, horseshoes, horse helms, pegasus wingtips, and more. Some of these items can be equipped to the different magical horses and give them extra magical abilities (and believe it or not, some they can use themselves).
Ultimate Unicorn Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 – Flying Flaming Horses
- Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.12.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.15.2 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.4 Mods
- Minecraft 1.16.5 Mods
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods
- Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods
- Minecraft 1.9.4 Mods
- The Unicorn
- Where to Find Them: Unicorns can be found in many biomes, but are easiest to find in the plains and forest biomes.
- What can they do? Every unicorn has a horn, and these unicorns know how to use them. There are a number of evil creatures that are natural enemies to unicorns, and unicorns will attack them by lowering their horn and charging. When you tame a unicorn, you can tell him to lower his horn, and attack with it using the ‘F’ key.
- Soft squishy things like meat and apples can be worn on a unicorn’s horn…. Why would you do this? Maybe to make a fashion statement? In any case, you can do it.
- Putting a slotted horse helm on your unicorn unlocks one of its most powerful abilities. With a slotted helm, a unicorn can equip a wand, and using the magic of its horn, attack with it! Any horse with a unicorn horn can use the equipped wand itself, or be commmanded to do so with the ‘F’ key.
- Unicorns also possess a sparkly aura that has unknown effects.
- The Pegasus
- Where to Find Them: Pegasi are harder to find, but sometimes you can find them resting in plains, forest, beach, and hilly biomes.
- What can they do? Pegasi are masters at flying. Once you have tamed one, you can ride into the sky just by holding the jump button. To descend quickly, push the ‘C’ key to make your pegasus fold up his wings and plummet.
- On the ground, the ‘C’ key makes your pegasus perform a buffet attack: he beats his wings forward with great force, blowing back creatures and items in front of her. Stronger winged horses (perhaps even with magical help) have been known to throw creatures with great force off cliffs and to their deaths.
- Take care when taming a pegasus! They are flighty creatures, and have been known to fly off with the inexperienced rider, dumping him to his death from a great height!
- The Nightmare
- Where to Find Them: Nightmares like hot weather, so you can find them in the desert and savannah biomes.
- What can they do? Nightmare hooves start fires wherever they strike, including in the air. Fire protection is highly recommended if you hope to tame one!
- Nightmares have smaller wings than their pegasus cousins, so they fly differently, and have less maneuverability in the air. They run faster, however, and can fly through the sky at great speeds. Turn too much, however, or otherwise lose your momentum, and they quickly lose altitude and float to the ground.
- A nightmare’s wing buffet attack is not as powerful as a pegasus’s, nor does it hit as wide an area. However, when near fire (created by the nightmare, or any other fire), a nightmare can harness that fire with its wings and shoot twin fireballs when it performs its buffet attack.
- The Destrier
- Where to Find Them: Destriers like cold weather, so you can find them in the colder biomes, like ice plains and taiga.
- What can they do? Destriers are simply monster horses. They are bigger, meaner, and more powerful. Just by stomping around, they destroy plants and bust through snow and foliage. When a destrier rears, watch out! Their kicks can kill, and knock down trees and bust dirt and other weak blocks.
- If you breed a destrier with a horse of another type, the child is likely to inherit the destrier’s large body trait. Any magical horse with a large size body will see some of its other traits improved: even bigger wings that are more powerful, and a stronger horn attack. This increase extends to magical items, as well! Try out Power Horseshoes, and see the difference.
- The Hippocamp
- Where to Find Them: Hippocamps can be found in almost any body of water, and sometimes on land. When found on land, they are usually on the beach or wallowing in the swamplands.
- What can they do? Hippocamps can swim in water with a rider, and swim quickly at that. They can breathe underwater and allow their rider to also breathe underwater. On land, they move slower than other magical horse breeds.
- If you breed a hippocamp with a horse of another type, the child is likely to inherit the hippocamp’s fish tail and water breathing traits. Any magical horse with a fish tail will be able to swim with a rider. However, it is possible to breed horses with a tail but without the ability to breathe underwater (and vice versa).
- The Kirin
- Where to Find Them: Kirin are rare, but can be found in very remote places, such as icy mountaintops and atop desert mesas.
- What can they do? Kirin can walk on water and breathe fire. Kirin also have a number of physical differences from other horse breeds, including a slightly taller and dragon-like body, antlers, more hair in various places, and a long dragon-like tail. They can also pass their magical powers down to their children.
- If you breed a kirin with a horse of another type, the child is likely to inherit the kirin’s body type and magic powers. However, an advanced breeder may be able to create a variety of interesting looking descendants if she puts her mind to it. Since the kirin introduces a number of new features to the DNA spectrum, there are more options for breeders (and cheaters!) to play with.
There are four new equipment slots for magical horses:
- Horseshoes slot
- Self-explanatory – horsehoes, including magical ones, go here. Better horseshoes give better bonuses to kick power. Magical horseshoes like Power Horseshoes, Ice Horseshoes, and Gentling Horseshoes have extra effects.
- Helm slot
- Helms for your magical horse go here. Slotted helms open up the horn slot for magical horses that don’t have a horn, and allow for more eqipment options in the horn slot for horned horses like unicorns.
- Horn slot
- This slot is for items that attach to a unicorn horn. Slotted helms open this slot even for non-horned horses.
- Wingtip slot
- This slot is only available on magical horses with wings. Magical wingtip equipment items can improve buffetting power and cause other effects.
- Chest slots
- All magical horses can be equipped with a chest, opening up extra inventory slots.
- DNA Tester – The DNA Tester allows you to check a magical horse’s DNA. With it, you can see if a horse you intend to breed has recessive genes or multiple values of a dominant gene you want it to pass on. It is a great help when trying to breed exotic horse types (including the mutant Ultimate Unicorns). Just hit a horse with it, and hover your mouse over the DNA Tester item. Next to its name you will see the horse’s DNA.
- Horseshoes – Horsehoes give your horse more kicking power, and some magical variants give your magical horse extra abilities.
- Horse Helms – Horse helms help protect your horse’s head, and allow him to charge your enemies. Slotted horse helms can hold items, either for decoration or for extra attack abilities. Slotted helms also do more damage, since they are fitted with an armored horn slot.
- Wingtips – Wingtips improve the effectiveness of your magical horse’s wing buffet attack, pushing enemies and items farther, and possibly even hurting them and throwing them into the air.
- Wand of Call Lightning
- Wand of Fireball
- Wand of Dropsies
- Wingtips of Buffetting – These wingtips increase your magical horse’s buffetting power substantially.
- Wingtips of All-you-can-eat Buffetting – The wizard who created these wingtips really liked to eat, and really liked bad puns. They work a little like Wingtips of Buffetting, but … well … you’ll see.
- Ice Horseshoes – These horseshoes cause nearby water to freeze into ice blocks, letting your horse effectively walk on water.
- Power Horseshoes – These horseshoes amplify your horse’s kicking power, so he breaks nearby blocks when he rears. More powerful horses get a greater effect.
- Gentling Horseshoes – These horseshoes suppress the fire created by a Nightmare’s flaming hooves. Put them on your pet Nightmare to make him safer to be around!
The Spirit Tree
- Spirit Trees are the home of friendly tree spirits. There are many names for these creatures across the many dimensions, but they are most commonly known as dryads or kodama.
- The Tree Hollow: Every spirit tree has a tree hollow, a hole in which the dryad lives. It has been said that if a traveler leaves a gift inside one of these tree hollows, the dryad that lives there will exchange it for another gift. In particular, it is rumored that dryads will fashion sticks left in their tree hollow into magical structures (such as the oracle).
The Oracle is a wooden horse that can be brought to life. An Oracle can be created only with the help of a Spirit Tree. Place a stick in the Spirit Tree’s hollow, and wait, and you will be rewarded with an Oracle item. The Oracle item can be placed like a block.
When you right-click an Oracle, you can see its inventory. It can be used as a chest, and it can also be outfitted like a magical horse. In its inventory screen, you can see a disabled “Talk” button. When you insert into the Oracle’s equipment slots the four magical components of the magical horse purebreeds, the spirits of those creatures possess the Oracle and it comes alive. The four magical components are placed as follows:
- Put a unicorn horn in the horse helm or horn slot.
- Put a pegasus feather in the wing tip slot.
- Put a destrier hide in the armor slot.
- Put a nightmare hoof in the horseshoes slot.
When the Oracle comes alive, you can talk to it, and you will know because the “Talk” button will become active. It can answer your questions, tell you about the world, and also about the future.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.