Wearable Backpacks Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 adds beautiful, balanced backpacks. It’s not like anything you’ve seen before. Wearable Backpacks continues the legacy of BetterStorage’s backpacks, and brings with it a beautifully designed and balanced alternative backpack option unlike any other.
Wearable Backpacks Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 – Balanced Backpacks
- There can be only one: Where other mods store the contents of a backpack on the item itself, WB doesn’t. When a backpack is equipped, its contents are actually kept with the player itself. This also means it’s impossible to carry around multiple backpacks that contain items.
- Armor up, or storage up: With the default settings, backpacks will function as armor, taking up the chest armor equipment slot, protecting from as well as taking damage just like leather armor. This way, you have to choose between more protection or more storage. This is fully configurable, though, in case you don’t like it.
- Play with friends, share backpacks: Having a backpack on your back looks cool and all, but if only you could do something with that beauty. Well, lucky you! Other players (hopefully, without ill intentions) can open your backpack and borrow a pick and some torches on a mining trip. This only works as long as your back is facing towards them, though.
- Dying is FUN: Sick of losing all your valuables when you make a small little misstep into the nearest pool of lava? Don’t worry, the items inside your backpack will be… mostly safe. While the backpack itself is not immune to explosions or being broken by other players, after death it will gently place itself down near your point of failure, ready to be retrieved.
- Backpacks can be colored using Minecraft’s fantastic dyeing system. Unlike some silly mods that only allow the 16 base colors, with our pretties you can mix and match your dyes to customize them in any way you like!
- Configuration Nation: One aim of WB is to be incredibly configurable, allowing backpacks to be balanced, whether they’re used in a personal hand-picked pack, a huge kitchen sink modpack or a deadly hardcore-massacre-of-doom experience with sprinkles on top.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.