Weirding Gadget Mod 1.16.4/1.12.2 adds a single block of the same name. This is a chunk loader that was requested by a few friends of mine that allows for chunk loading to deactivate after people do not come onto the server for an extended period of time.
Weirding Gadget Mod 1.16.4/1.12.2 – Server Friendly Chunk Loader
- The Weirding Gadget is the sole block added by The Weirding Gadget. When placed, it will continually keep loaded a 3×3 chunks area centered on itself. When the player that placed it logs off the server, the Gadget will spin slower and slower, until it stops after 7 days, at which point it will no longer keep chunks loaded. When said player logs back on the server, the gadget reactivates itself and its countdown is reset.
- Any other player can right click the Gadget, resetting its countdown and adding themselves in the “tracked” list of the Gadget. This means that the Gadget will only start counting down when all tracked players are logged off, and will reset when any of them logs back.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.