Zombie Awareness Mod (1.18.18, 1.18.2) makes Zombies more intelligent. They can now see you even further away. Mining, for example, makes noises that increase their chances of hearing you and launching attacks. They can also attack in groups and are attracted to light sources.
This mod aims to make hostile monsters more intelligent. They can smell blood and hear players’ actions, as well as locate their light sources. These enable them to locate players more easily.
A player may begin to bleed if they have had their health taken away. Red spots will appear on the blocks surrounding them when they bleed. This is where hostile monsters can detect. Blood will slowly degrade until it is gone. If the player has less than 60% health or 6 hearts, they will start to bleed every 30 seconds. This will leave a fresh smell for monsters.
Any activity a player performs, including walking, mining, or placing blocks, can be used to alert hostile monsters. They will usually find you within 16 blocks. The monsters can then locate the player who made the noise. You can hear frequent noises farther away than you can hear non-frequent ones.
The ability to see light sources from greater distances is what makes the hostile monsters more able to locate them and will try to reach out to them. If they have the opportunity, they will light placed torches.
Smarter more aware zombies (and skeletons), they track you down via blood scent, sound, and light source awareness, config lets you pick and choose what features to have.
- Blood scents: You spill blood if you get hurt, and if low health you bleed out once in a while
- Sound sources: Mining for blocks will alert other zombies of your position
- Light sources: Zombies can see exposed light sources from super far away, and will come to investigate if they have line of sight
- Night surface spawning: More zombies spawn in groups at night, causes random invasions
- Long distant waypoints: Mobs will gather up together and wander the terrain in large groups randomly
- Randomly faster zombies: Zombies are given a small buff in speed to add more unpredictableness
Hostile monsters have been given the ability to smell blood that the player spills, and even hear the players activities depending on how loud and frequent it is. If they sense it, they will find you.
Mining in caves has a whole new challenge to it with this, be carefull not to get cornered when busy making all that noise mining those much needed materials, always plan an escape route.
- When Blood scents are dropped, they slowly decay in strength until gone, causing hostiles to pathfind to the stronger scents, where you might be.
- When the player is hurt, he spills blood onto the ground.
- When the player is below 60% health, he bleeds every 30 seconds leaving a fresh scent, so be sure to keep healthy.
- Scent usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius.
- When pretty much anything near the player makes a sound, there is a chance that a hostile within about 16 blocks might hear it.
- Sounds traces are amplified and are heard from farther away if they are very frequent. So a lot of arrows landing or fighting off a lot of monsters will attract company fairly soon, better relocate.
- Sound usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius. (19 blocks)
- Customizable sight awareness range.
- Option for X-Ray Sight targeting.
- Option for Omnipotent auto player targeting.